Saturday, November 21, 2009

Getting ready...

Today I wanted to start decorating for Christmas.
I mean really decorating, getting a tree too!
We don't have a fake tree (never will!)
Not that theres anything wrong with having a fake tree, I just don't want one.
So anyway back to what I was saying, I really wanted to start decorating today but the sad fact is, is that I can no longer carry the decorations up from the garage. They have gotten too heavy for me to lift!

So I thought of the next best thing!
The kids were bored (you know the kind of bored where not even the video games kept them occupied!) I had pine cones and glue and glitter. Well put 2 and 3 together and I had a half an hour of non bored kids!



They made so many pretty pine cones I can't wait to hang them up!
We may even give some out for Christmas gifts!

Till Next time!

4 comments:

  1. Good Monday Morning Erin! I noticed that you became a follower of my blog A Scrapmom's Musings and I wanted to stop by and Thank You! And....I also wanted to comment you on your blog--very Christmasy! I love it! Your kids did a wonderful job on those pinecones as well. I can't wait to decorate for Christmas but it'll have to wait for another week. thanks again for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great - i had planned to just spraypaint our pinecones but maybe my girls would enjoy painting them themselves much better --i think my mom still has the ones i made when i was a little kid -- they are timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crafty idea! Glad you thought of it.
    Great decorations on your blog site too.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori thank you! I love snow men and Christmas trees! 2 of my favorites! I also enjoy your blog, I'm a newbi scrapper (I've been buying supplies forever but never put anything together!) You have some great ideas on you blog!

    Jen, We have about 30 pinecones! I sparkled half of them and plan to spray the other half. I feel alot of pine cones gifts are going to leave the house this year!

    Maggie, I'm glad I found your blog also! I wish I had a Ms. Pearl of my own (if only once and a while!) Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete