So I have gotten so caught up in things that have been going on in my real life that I had to stop today and say Wow! Its February? Where has this year gone? I work at a school (With my kids) and today was the 100th day! I can't believe it, only 80 more days to go and we will have summer vacation.
So a recap of things hat have happened in the past month...
My Ds turned 11!! We had a rough month of full flung attitude from him, there were days that I didn't think either of us were going to live through his 11th year, He has calmed down since and we've both been working towards treating the other with respect, So far so good! We asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he choose dinner and a movie, We were going to go to a Mexican rest. (his choice) then he decided that he really really wanted coleslaw and we took him to a local diner instead. He's loved coleslaw since he could talk! The movie of choice was The Green Hornet which (not being a comic buff) I thought was pretty good, but I'm a big fan of Seth Rogan, so it was quite enjoyable. One of the teachers that I work with warned me ahead of time about the language but the kids didn't pay much attention to it they just loved the action.
Both kids made the honor roll for the second marking period! It was wonderful for them to both bring home their cards, you can really se the pride in their work. This was my sons first honor card since about the second grade, he really struggled to improve in every subject. It was so bad at one point his 3rd grade teacher wanted to have him tested for learning disabilities I took him to his doctor who told me that I should push for him to be tested through the school, neither panned out and he scraped by with decent grades but by the 5th grade Him and his teacher really clicked!
So all in all its been a whirlwind of a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment