

Any one can tell you that I love Ikea. Ask almost anyone I know and they will tell you I rave about that store! Well, I have a whole new reason to love it! I was recently gifted the wrought iron bed from their store (okay I found it in the garbage but don't tell anyone that!) The only thing is was it had no hardware! I threw it in the car anyway figuring that I could go to the store and pick up the hardware and put it together. So for our Friday night coffee night, My sister and I went to our local Ikea and looked around for the bed. When we found that it was still in stock we excitedly (Okay me more than her lol) went down to the customer service desk and waited for our number to be called (like the deli but you can't eat what you get) Anyway our number is called and we go up to the lady at the counter and tell her that I inherited the bed, I wasn't going to tell her I garbage picked it! And that we needed the hard ware for it. She asked us what the name of the bed was... that's what we forgot to write down! So, we go back to where the bed was and write down the name, head back down to C.S., take another number, and wait again. The next lady we got laughed as we told her we had to do this a second time, but helped us without poking any fun. I told her the name of the bed which right now escapes me! (lol) and that I needed the h/w. She asked me if I also needed the directions for it, which I did. She printed up the directions for me while another got the pieces together and Voila! Skylar has a new bed! All for the grand total of $0 dollars! So not to be cliche but Bed frame $0- replacement hardware $0- Skylar has a brand new bed to sleep in priceless! I love the fact that even though we didn't buy the bed from Ikea originally, the fact that it was an Ikea bed meant that I am able to get replacement parts for nothing! Skylar absolutely loves it!
Well you can't beat that! 2 of my favorite pieces of furniture came from the garbage. :) It's amazing what people throw away!
ReplyDelete